Hearing aids are generally not covered by health insurance companies, although some do. For eligible children and young adults ages 21 and under, Medicaid will pay for the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, including hearing aids, under the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) service. Also, children may be covered by their state’s early intervention program or State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
Medicare does not cover hearing aids for adults; however, diagnostic evaluations are covered if they are ordered by a physician for the purpose of assisting the physician in developing a treatment plan. Since Medicare has declared the BAHA a prosthetic device and not a hearing aid, Medicare will cover the BAHA if other coverage policies are met. You should note that some nonprofit organizations provide financial assistance for hearing aids, while others may help provide used or refurbished aids.
Here at Cape & Islands Hearing Center, we would be more than happy to talk to your insurance company to see if you have benefits that cover hearing aids. We know that tracking down information from insurance companies can be a hassle, which is why we are here to help!
WHY CHOOSE US
- We Believe an Educated Patient is a Satisfied Patient.
- Our Experience Gives You Confidence to Take the First Steps toward Better Hearing
- Comprehensive Testing Ensures We Understand Your Unique Level of Hearing Loss
- State of the Art Hearing Aids Mean You Can Optimize Your Ability to Hear
- Exact Fittings and Programming Guarantee Your Satisfaction
- Exceptional Follow-Up Care gives you Ongoing, Personalized Customer Service.